BlogBlond

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Confessions Of A Cookie Whore

a few nights ago, someone did a big favor for me and blogbrit. the next day i did some baking and sent him over a platter of assorted cookies. he came over to thank us, which was really sweet.

the funny thing was, a few weeks earlier we had new couches delivered. the moving guys came in as i was taking chocolate chip cookies out of the oven. so, i gave them a bag of cookies to take with them. a friend who was there for both events asked me afterward, "so, exactly how many guys have you made cookies for?'

and i realized: i am a cookie whore.

there. i said it. i realized that when d came to town on business, my first thought was to bake him up a batch of oatmeal cookies and take them over. when josh seems a little off his game, i want to run to my mixer (yes, josh- i know you have never actually received any cookies...). after an engagement party we made for a close friend, i sent baked goods to most of my neighbors, and forced the last few guests to pile high plates for their families at home. the blogbrit is alternately amused and horrified by this barrage of baked goods. my teenager asked me to bake a batch of white chocolate chip cookies as a going away present for a friend, so i guess it's rubbing off on the kids...

the thing is, i am safe. i wash my hands before baking. i don't use nuts in my cookies (in case of allergies). i always package them up in plastic before giving. so, okay, i am a cookie whore.

there are worse things i could be.

20 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home